Sunday, January 2, 2011

Growing a Godly Garden

Welcome to Learning to Grow!  This blog is inspired by my passion to seek growth in our children rather than just milestones.  Growth in ALL areas: academic, developmental and spiritual.

At the beginning of this school year, I used a newsletter format for communicating to the families and friends I support.  Here is the first article that I wrote back in September that will give you an understanding of how my heart beats.


This year, my heart is drawn to searching for the growth in our children rather simply on meeting outcomes.  I think of all of the children God has placed before me as a variety of fruits and vegetables in my garden—each variety has very unique and special growing needs.  Some need more light than others, some more water, some need to be left lots of room to spread out and still others like to use trellises to reach high.  So, this year, I hope to provide helpful insight into how to help you grow the fruits and vegetables in your house (not the ones you eat!)  Most importantly, I hope we can recognize that nothing grows without the Lord’s hands on it; so know that I will be praying for the Lord to show up and guide and direct you and I in growing this beautiful garden of children placed before us.

I will continue to add posts with past relevant newsletter articles as well as new insights, links, documents, lesson plans and work samples!  This will be the new format for communicating and sharing with those I am blessed to grow with but I hope anyone who finds support and inspiration will share and comment and grow with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment